Make a global difference in the next generation of affordable assistive devices for persons with physical disabilities living in rural areas by participating in Enable Makeathon sponsored by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and partners.
This 60-day programme challenges teams to improve individual autonomy of persons with physical disabilities through nine challenges:
- performing activities of daily living
- mobility in and around the house
- mobility within and beyond the community
- accessing education and training
- employability and self-employment
- remote access to physical rehabilitation services
- remote follow-up and users-to-service provider interactions
- data collection to improve the quality of services
- adaptation and use of new technologies.
Calling all creatives: product designers, engineers, and clinicians to an exciting opportunity to support people with disabilities through development of a product as a solution to one of these challenges. Applications are due by October 31, 2015.
This programme takes place between November 2015 and January 2016 with two parallel programs, an online track and an onsite track in Bangalore, India. During this time, teams from both tracks further develop their product, engage in seminars/webinars, receive feedback from mentors and people with disabilities on design, create prototype, network and develop world connections.
Products will be judged by panel of experts and the best three solutions will be awarded USD $25,000, $15,000, and $10,000.
For more information on the program, visit http://www.enablemakeathon.org/